HEARTT’s mission is to educate and assist local health careproviders in the development and/or improvement of a healthcare system and infrastructure.
HEARTT envisions a world where there are fully functioning heath care systems in all communities, including the communities of underdeveloped countries.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
The HEARTT Board of Directors consists of professionals with significant expertise in the fields of medicine, health care, and law. HEARTT’s working board volunteer their time and expertise by providing assistance with all aspects of the organization’s work, including: providing treatment and training on overseas trips, program development, fund raising and publicity, and legal matters.
James A. Sirleaf, MD - Chairman
Senora Francis, RN - Treasurer
David Knight, MD – Secretary
Chairman of the Board
Dr. James A. Sirleaf is the Chairman of the Board and a Founding Member of the non-profit organization HEARTT (Health Education and Relief Through Teaching). Dr. Sirleaf obtained his undergraduate degree at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia and completed graduate coursework (Pre-Med) at Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA. He obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree from Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN and completed his emergency medicine residency, at Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, N.Y.
During the course of his career, Dr. Sirleaf has served as an Emergency Department Attending Physician for several hospitals and for over twelve years has served as the attending Emergency Physician at Bridgeport Hospital. Since 1995, he has been a Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine at Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Sirleaf lives in Albany, Georgia with his family and works at the Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. He is originally from Liberia.
- Alliance Medical Group
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Brown University School of Medicine
- Children’s Hospital Boston
- Harvard Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- New York University School of Medicine
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine
- University of Illinois at Chicago-College of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- University of Washington Medical School
- University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Yale School of Medicine
Partners & Donors
- Blew Jem Management Services, Inc
- The Clinton Foundation
- Delta Airlines
- Goldman Sachs
- John Snow, Inc.
- National Coalition of Black Women-Atlanta Chapter
- Pan African Capital Group, LLC
- Physicians for Peace
- Project HOPE
- SNS Brussels Airlines-Liberia
- University of Chicago
- University of Massachusetts